Yoga with Ada Newsletter
Happy April! My favorite month of the year In March we talked about the spring time activities we enjoy. Holiday and Birthday celebrations were high on everyone’s list. We all enjoy seeing buds burst into leaves and flowers or adding new plantings to our yards. Other fun activities included flying kites, visiting a favorite shop or walking outside with friends, family or our dogs. I am hoping each of you has been able to enjoy some of these activities and more!
Thank you to all who have shared their thoughts! Your messages came at times when I really needed them.
Even though this last year has been a time of major change for all of us, I always think of April as a time of change. The weather is constantly changing here in Central Illinois which inspires change in our landscape. Birds are returning and welcome us each day with song as they prepare their nests for a new family. We see signs of baby animals arriving and buds on trees and in our flower beds are bulging and bursting open as we see life emerging everywhere we look.
I’m optimistic regarding change in my yoga teaching. I had conversation with Molly Camper, Director of Programming at the Activity and Recreation Center (ARC) in Normal, IL today. She was asking me if I am interested/willing to teach yoga at ARC again when it reopens for onsite classes (maybe as early as June). I indicated I am, — assuming my students and I feel safe and I have a reasonable number of students sign up for classes.
Considerations include –
- ARC has a new sign-up system that is now being used for registration for all classes and activities. It will operate on a monthly basis, meaning students will pay for a month at a time for a given class. An example would be, if you want to take Chair yoga class, you would sign up and pay for a month at a time instead of the 6 week sessions of the past.
- With this new system, there will no longer be a free class offered each session/month; and there will not be an opportunity for make-up classes in the event a student misses a class.
- There would be no “walk ins” to class. All students would be required to register and pay for class in advance
- The classroom would be cleaned between each class. This means class would end on time and students would need to gather their belongings and leave class promptly.
- My yoga classes would likely be in the new Yoga Studio room upstairs at ARC (there is an elevator available). It will be quieter with less disruptive noise and fewer people using our chairs.
- Students would be required to wear masks and follow all safety guidelines/rules. This may mean wearing masks during our class.
- Students would be required to bring their own props for their practice with the exception of chairs provided by ARC. ARC and I will no longer be providing any props for your use due to safety/health reasons.
If I were to return to teaching at ARC, I would also continue to teach through my online studio, Yoga with Ada, although I would need to make some adjustments in offerings to accommodate time spent teaching at ARC. An example could be that if I teach a Chair Yoga class at ARC on a Tuesday or Thursday, I would not be teaching Chair Yoga on the same day at my online studio.
Plans continue to evolve and no firm plans have been established regarding my teaching yoga at ARC. Right now, the number of COVID cases in McLean County is on the rise which if that continues I would be much less likely to return to teaching at ARC by June 2021.
Please let me know your thoughts and any questions regarding this information. It will be valuable for me to know your opinions and concerns, as I will be checking back in with Molly in a month and we will decide if it is prudent to move towards yoga classes at ARC in June.
I have scheduled a free “Information Session” on Friday, April 16 at 11am CST, where you can join me in a discussion on this topic. Please register in order to receive a link to this free session. We will also have conversation during “community time” before each class where you can ask questions and share thoughts.
I will need to provide information/decision to Molly by May 1 in order for information to be provided for the May Newsletter regarding the June classes.
News and Notes:
The April and May class schedules are now on the website. Please be sure to register for the classes covered by your subscription. The new Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra classes can be selected for your subscription or can be paid for separately by logging out of your account before purchasing the class. Please notice that I will be on vacation from May 22 through May 29.
Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra were offered in February and March receiving many positive comments. Thank you to those who participated! You will see offerings in April and May of these classes.
Yogic Breathwork Workshop will be wrapping up in a couple of weeks. It has been fun practicing breathing techniques, learning breathing anatomy and hearing of successes of each student. Please let me know if you are interested in Breathwork Workshop later this year. I will collect names and schedule a workshop if there is enough interest.
Thank you for the testimonials you have shared! I have updated the website with them. Please send any more my way.
Other items I have on my list for website updates include a props video on how to make props from items found around your home. Please let me know if you have interest in any other videos or workshops on specific topics. I will work on these new items as I have time.
If you are looking for a birthday/anniversary gift idea for a special someone, maybe a yoga class with Ada is a perfect choice! Here are the steps you can take to make a purchase:
- Go to YogawithAda1.com
- If you have a subscription, go to your account and Logout before proceedingto #3. Those without a subscription can go straight to #3.
- Go to the “Class Schedule” and purchase the class or classes, using your own email address and credit card.
- Forward the confirmation email to the gift recipient along with your personal greeting. Please CC me at YogawithAda1@gmail.com, and I will add them to the class roster and know to expect them.
As always, please let me hear from you! Your feedback and suggestions continue to inspire the additions and changes to my teaching and website.