January 2021 Newsletter
The New Year is here! The Holidays are a memory and we are each on to commitments, projects and all the activities of life 😊
Many of you know that I caught COVID Omicron over the holidays because classes were cancelled the first week of January. I am very happy to say I have completed my quarantine and am feeling so much better. Getting back to a routine has helped me feel more normal again and I have gotten a “happiness” boost by seeing friendly faces of students again as I resumed teaching this week.
I spent more time than usual reading, reflecting and contemplating. I did not make “New Year’s Resolutions”, but instead have set an intention to continue to explore “Self-Care” in 2022. In early December I was contemplating and reading about “happiness”. (Please refer to the December newsletter, which can be found here -> Newsletters – Yoga with Ada (yogawithada1.com)
It was not my intention to start the year being sick, but it happened. I did have the opportunity to think more deeply about self-care and how it changed for me as I was not feeling well. I found that I was not strictly following healthy eating habits, or getting good sleep, moving my body or spending time with anyone besides my husband and my dog. I practiced self-care at a more basic level in some respects and became more aware of other practices needed while I wasn’t well. 😊
My list includes:
- Drinking plenty of water
- Regularly measuring my temperature and oxygen level
- Asking for help from the medical community, and my family
- Accepting that it’s “OK” to do nothing
Now that I am feeling much better, I am gradually returning to the habits I mentioned in December. I am also expanding my list of self-care activities based on my experience, by adding “acceptance” of how I feel right now along with “asking for help”.
2022 is off to an exciting year! I invite you to learn along with me about the depth and breadth of self-care. Have you had thoughts or musings on this topic?
Please let me know what you are experiencing and learning 😊
News and Notes:
For students local to Bloomington/Normal, Illinois; I will not be teaching at ARC in until further notice.
Please review the February schedule -> Events for February 2022 – Yoga with Ada (yogawithada1.com) You will notice a time change for
- Chair Yoga classes will begin at 10am CST, instead of 9am CST. They will continue to be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Gentle Yoga class will no longer be scheduled on Monday morning at 8:45am CST. Instead, it will be Tuesday morning at 8:45am CST. Saturday morning Gentle Yoga will not change.
- Gentle Yoga is not scheduled for Saturday, January 21 because I will be attending a workshop, learning about the Katha Upanishad, an early Indian text which is one of the first that calls its teachings “yoga”.
The January schedule of class times has not changed and can be viewed here on the website -> Events for January 2022 – Yoga with Ada (yogawithada1.com) Please be sure to register for classes in order to fully use your subscription. If you would like to take more classes than covered by your subscription, you can log out of your account and purchase as many single classes as you would like.
I will be looking at March for the planned Meditation workshop as I am working to return to my routines before adding new activities 😊
There will be no survey questions this month, although please let me know if you would suggest any additions or changes. Or let me know what you like. 😊
If you are looking for a holiday/birthday/anniversary gift idea for a special someone, maybe a yoga class with Ada is a perfect choice! Here are the steps you can take:
- Go to YogawithAda1.com
- If you have a subscription, go to your account and Logout before proceeding to #3. Those without a subscription can go straight to #3.
- Go to the “Class Schedule” and purchase the class or classes, using your own email address and credit card.
- Forward the confirmation email to the gift recipient along with your personal greeting. Please CC me at YogawithAda1@gmail.com, and I will add them to the class roster and know to expect them.
As always, please let me hear from you! Your feedback and suggestions continue to inspire the additions and changes to my teaching and website.
Have a Blessed and Happy 2022!